Friday 31 January 2014

Etro Bistro (Perth, WA)

On Sun 26 January, 2014

Etro's Barista
For the OZ day long weekend, we decided to head over to Western Australia for a few days to sample their delicious wine in Margaret River. We were pleasantly surprised with the wineries of how established they are, and also the food were absolutely awesome! Fair enough that the price is in the fine dining range, but the quality of them certainly have lived up to it.
At the corner of
Muster Lane

Etro's enterance
Enough of the blabbling about the trip, let's talk about the Cafe we went to on the weekend. Not sure if it was the OZ Day long weekend or simply they open late on Sundays, we were struggling to find a cafe that open around the time that we were awake. Around the CBD area, there aren't much places open at 10am. However, we managed to find this nice Bistro / Cafe just around our accommodation. And the food was in the GREAT category!

Regular Cappuccino
The Barista is a funny fella, he certainly had lighten up the cafe with his smiles and jokes! His coffee are also ok, I ordered a regular Cappuccino, and he said, "Just to let you know, it is an upside down Cappuccino!..." Just when I have this invisible question mark on top of my head, he continued, "I have put the chocolate in first before I pour the milk in!" Now whether that is how you called an upside down Cappuccino or not, it doesn't matter. It made the whole breakfast a more enjoyable one, that's for sure! I didn't managed to get a photo of the Iced Chocolate. I was told that it wasn't too sweet and just the right sweetness.

Now the food, I wasn't too hungry, so I had the Light Start Brekkie. It looks quite bland, however the guacamole underneath the smoked salmon was delicious! Mixed with the runny egg yolk from the perfectly poached eggs, I was in heaven! It didn't take me long to polish the plate.

My girlfriend ordered the Duck Confit Crepe, and no wonder it was the signature dish, the mornay sauce made the dish. With Lou couldn't finished it on her own, I was more than happy to clean it up, I almost licked the plate...

Ming & Wenni's dish also look very delicious.

Etro Breakfast
Etro Pancake


Signature Duck Confit Crepe
Light Start Brekkie
Overall, here is my opinion for this cafe...
Cafe: 9 / 10; Services: 9 / 10; Coffee: 7 / 10; Food: 9.5 / 10
Comments: A cafe recommended for the delicious food! If you are a fan of duck, you have to have the Duck Confit Crepe!

Etro Bistro
49 King Street, Perth
Opening Hours: Mon-Tue 07:00 - 15:00 / Wed - Sat 07:00 - 21:00 / Sun 08:00 - 17:00

Website: Link / Google Map

No comments:

Post a Comment