Saturday 1 February 2014

The Paramount Coffee Project (Surry Hills)

On Sat 1 Feb, 2014
Entrance
Always seems to be busy from the outside, finally have a chance to come here and try out the coffee and the funky dishes. The menu has a date on it, so I am guessing they change the menu often to make sure they serve the dishes with the produces for the season...

The atmosphere of the cafe is very modernised, the warehouse made the cafe feel very big, and the concrete tables matches the funky dishes. A great place to spend a weekend mornings with a few friends...
Cappuccino
Latte
The coffees are not bad, personally I would like it to be a bit stronger, but again it is personal choice...

I have also ordered a peanut butter & jelly milkshakes afterwards, I would like to have more peanut butter taste, the jelly taste seems to be overpowered the whole drink.

Now the food, just by looking at the menu, it makes me want to try every single thing on the menu. We had a group of 6, so we ordered a number of different dishes. I had the Elvis in Cuba. Even though the size of the meal was small, but the taste of every single component on the dish was great! Lou ordered the Crab Po Boy, which everyone had the food envy and wished they had ordered that instead. I didn't sample it, but it certainly looks delicious!

Crab Po Boy:
soft shell crab,
house slaw,
silk bun
Dough Boy:
French toasted
cinnamon doughnut,
apple, creme fraiche
Elvis in Cuba:
pork, kimchi, bacon,
kewpie, swiss cheese,
onion rings













Chicken in a bag:
Fried chicken
& watermelon

BENTO:
Broadbean salad,
onion rings,
pickled veg,
kewpie w beef caparccio















Barista
I had a peek at the dishes next to mine, I want to try the Baked Eggs & Hush Puppies; Meat Waffle; Jaffa: Choc-Orange icecream w/ Waffle next time around.

Overall, here is my opinion for this cafe...
Cafe: 8 / 10; Services: 8 / 10; Coffee: 7 / 10; Food: 9 / 10
Comments: Definitely a place for me to revisit again to try out all the different dishes! I hope they don't change the menu just yet until I have sampled every dish on it!

The Paramount Coffee Project
Address: 80 Commonwealth Street, Surry Hills
Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 07:00 - 16:00 / Sat - Sun 08:00 - 16:00

Facebook: Link / Google Map

No comments:

Post a Comment